Paulie Quote
The Wolf
2009-01-20 21:37:35 UTC
They ate pootsie before we gave them the gift of our cuisine.

Can someone point me to an online definition os "pootsie? I can't find one,
is it Italian or Jersey slang?
Judge Mental
2009-01-20 22:02:04 UTC
Post by The Wolf
They ate pootsie before we gave them the gift of our cuisine.
Can someone point me to an online definition os "pootsie? I can't find one,
is it Italian or Jersey slang?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pootsie

But I prefer pootitank:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pootitank
Dick Hertz
2009-01-20 23:42:10 UTC
The Wolf
2009-01-20 23:49:55 UTC
Joseph S. Powell, III
2009-03-09 00:05:31 UTC
Post by The Wolf
They ate pootsie before we gave them the gift of our cuisine.
Can someone point me to an online definition os "pootsie? I can't find one,
is it Italian or Jersey slang?
.........."Putzi"? (Adolf Hitler's "possible homo-boyfriend" during the
roaring 20's?
n***@gmail.com
2019-06-23 23:47:15 UTC
Puzzi is a form of puzzo: stink or foul smell
I can only imagine they were going for the ‘eating garbage’ angle when he said it. Not the best choice of words, but again Tony and his crew messed up words and phases constantly.
Lynnette Vallecorse
2022-04-18 18:52:21 UTC
The Italian immigrants who landed in NY and NJ say Pootsie for shit. So Paulie was saying they ate shit before the Italians came along. This I am sure of as it's my family's word. When I heard Paulie say it, I laughed out loud. For the longest time, I thought it was my family's secret word. HAHAHA
Michael Massa
2022-05-22 23:19:05 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Puzzi is a form of puzzo: stink or foul smell
I can only imagine they were going for the ‘eating garbage’ angle when he said it. Not the best choice of words, but again Tony and his crew messed up words and phases constantly.
The Italian immigrants who landed in NY and NJ say Pootsie for shit. So Paulie was saying they ate shit before the Italians came along. This I am sure of as it's my family's word. When I heard Paulie say it, I laughed out loud. For the longest time, I thought it was my family's secret word. HAHAHA
There is another source / meaning for Pootsie. It is one of those little naked cherub angels in Italian paintings. My family was from Tuscany so the dialect was different, but Pootsie basically meant a fat little child. In NJ, most of the Italians were from a little farther south, so the same word could have had the meaning of garbage or sh*t, but it would appear that there are two different words which ended up pronounced more or less the same, puzzo for foul smell and putto for cherub. The plural of putto is putti, which in the Tuscony dialect of the early 1900s would be pronounced pootsie.