Janice's son: what happen to him?
luvthistle1
2004-05-30 12:23:05 UTC
Tony mention Janice having a son name "Harpo"

What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?

Do anyone think he might show up?
Bill Anderson
2004-05-30 12:56:26 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Tony mention Janice having a son name "Harpo"
What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?
He's in hiding from Janice and the rest of the family. He stays out of
sight by constantly traveling under an assumed name with a couple of
other guys on the comedy club circuit. It's a funny act -- one of the
guys makes jokes with a cigar, while the other plays the piano and
pretends to be Italian. Harpo chases women and wears a big trench coat
filled with comic props. To ensure Janice never finds him, he disguises
himself under a fright wig, even when he's off stage, and he hides his
Joisy accent by simply never saying a word.
--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
Pollux
2004-05-30 14:58:05 UTC
Post by Bill Anderson
Post by luvthistle1
What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?
He's in hiding from Janice and the rest of the family. He stays out of
sight by constantly traveling under an assumed name with a couple of
other guys on the comedy club circuit. It's a funny act -- one of the
guys makes jokes with a cigar, while the other plays the piano and
pretends to be Italian. Harpo chases women and wears a big trench coat
filled with comic props. To ensure Janice never finds him, he disguises
himself under a fright wig, even when he's off stage, and he hides his
Joisy accent by simply never saying a word.
As his brother once said, "I wouldn't want to be a part of any organization
that's willing to have me as a member." In this case the organization is the
family Soprano. So that's why he never shows up to all the family
gatherings.
luvthistle1
2004-05-30 19:51:47 UTC
Post by Pollux
Post by Bill Anderson
Post by luvthistle1
[...]
ha ha. a simple "I do not know the answer" would have been just find.
I wanted to know why Tony bringing up Janice's son, upset her so
much that she wanted to kill Tony? I believe that is a legitimated
question, that deserves a legitimate answer. the idea that he was
brought up at all, seem to foreshadows that he might be important to
the story later on.
Pollux
2004-05-30 21:05:27 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Post by Pollux
As his brother once said, "I wouldn't want to be a part of any organization
that's willing to have me as a member." In this case the organization is the
family Soprano. So that's why he never shows up to all the family
gatherings.
ha ha. a simple "I do not know the answer" would have been just find.
I wanted to know why Tony bringing up Janice's son, upset her so
much that she wanted to kill Tony? I believe that is a legitimated
question, that deserves a legitimate answer. the idea that he was
brought up at all, seem to foreshadows that he might be important to
the story later on.
Okay, fine. Harpo is lost somewhere. Montreal maybe? He is not a significant
enough character to warrant a regular update on his present whereabouts, or
any closure on what happened to him. Janice got pissed at Tony for
mentioning him because she is an unstable bitch. Tony brought him up because
it was funny to him that she was so protective about her step-daughter, yet
she neglected her biological child. Tony likes to provoke people sometimes.
d***@gmail.com
2019-09-28 05:54:28 UTC
Harpo is addicted to drugs and living on the streets, this is why Tony makes references to about him to Janice to trigger her pain and anger. The Truth
BlackJet76
2004-06-01 04:12:09 UTC
I think they showed a scene with him in Season 2. Reminded me of Anna Nicole's
son
^Hellrazor^
Oprah stole him.. spell Oprah backwards.
d***@gmail.com
2019-09-28 05:55:32 UTC
lol

Jane A
2004-05-30 18:26:29 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Tony mention Janice having a son name "Harpo"
What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?
Do anyone think he might show up?
He's on carnival ;o)

Jane A
Paymaster Cabbagehead
2004-05-30 20:19:56 UTC
When Livia died, Janice had returned to Seattle after shooting Richie
Aprile. The rarely-seen sister Barbara called Tony to tearfully
complain about how nasty Janice was to her when she called to inform
Janice of Livia's death. So Tony called Janice and told her to at
least have the decency to show up for the funeral. He offered to pay
for Janice's ticket, and then he said he'd also pay for Harpo's ticket
too. Whereupon Janice whined that "Hal is a street person now".
y***@gmail.com
y***@gmail.com
2018-01-14 07:45:58 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Tony mention Janice having a son name "Harpo"
What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?
Do anyone think he might show up?
I think on Season 6 episode 13 - Soprano Home Movies episode where Tony and Bobby went in a bar and met those 2 Quebeqose (canadians from Quebec ) with whom they negotiated a deal for expiery date pills, Tony offered the 2 Quebecoises to take care of something they needed and that was to kill a guy who was abandoned by his mom ( in that moment I thought that is coinsidence and is actually Janice son because Montreal is in Quebec and this is where Janice abandoned her son according to the lore of the show from season 1 or 2 where they mention it ).
So the same night Bobby sucker punched and beat up Tonny on his birthday they both were very drunk and Tony handed that task to Bobby , so Bobby had to kill that guy from Quebec because he hated that Bobby beat him up and kind of to revenge him he ordered him to kill the guy. Now what I assume but they dont show in the Tv series is that actually Bobby killed Janice's son and both Bobby and Tony knew . If you guys are true fans of the show and not just love bu actually live it and pay attention to the details in it please let me know what do you think . I am a sopranos fanatic ahahaha
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-18 15:15:05 UTC
Terrible but makes complete sense.
f***@gmail.com
2018-03-10 19:47:41 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Tony mention Janice having a son name "Harpo"
What happen to Janice's son "Harpo"? was he ever on the show? how old
is "Harpo"? who is Harpo's father, and what happen to him? do anyone
know what happen between Janice and her son, that led to her not
seeing him anymore?
Do anyone think he might show up?
You have a huge load for me