Jersey tour
John Doherty
2012-05-05 14:05:14 UTC
My wife and I had some business down in Jersey last week, and though
we were mostly otherwise engaged, we were in the thick of Sopranos
country: Wayne, Fairfield, etc. There were exits for The Caldwells,
which is where Tony's house was, I think-- but that's someone's actual
home, so I wouldn't go there.

We made an attempt to visit "Fountains of Wayne", which is a double
get, since the band took their name from this purveyor of garden
gnomes, etc., and Tony went there in the ep "Another Toothpick". But
lo & behold, F of W closed in 2009!

Say it ain't so...

Tony was right in episode one, we're born too late, the best days are
behind us!;-)
Dick Hertz
2012-05-21 03:12:55 UTC
Post by John Doherty
My wife and I had some business down in Jersey last week, and though
we were mostly otherwise engaged, we were in the thick of Sopranos
country: Wayne, Fairfield, etc. There were exits for The Caldwells,
which is where Tony's house was, I think-- but that's someone's actual
home, so I wouldn't go there.
I remember websites where you could buy blueprints of the house for $500
when the show was hot years ago.

Sadly, more people now probably tour the state for "Jersey Shore" than for
The Sopranos. :(