Deadwood: Jewel = Al's sister?
Oliver Clothsoff
2004-06-08 21:05:18 UTC
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
Heywood Jablome
2004-06-08 21:28:34 UTC
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
Who is this "noone" I always hear being referred to? Sucker knows
everything.
DaveW50789
2004-06-09 02:37:53 UTC
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
We have learned a bit more about Al in his conversation with the new favorite
whore. He is from an orphanage. We already know he had a brother who had
seizures. His sister? We will have to see. She seems intelligent as evidenced
by her comment when asked why she was seeing the doc. "I'm knocked up."

I'm looking forward to learning more.
dejablues
2004-06-09 02:56:43 UTC
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
I'd have to agree on Jewel being Al's sister. Someone on the HBO message
board suggested that she's his mother. She just doesn't seem old enough for
that.
Jeff George
2004-06-10 20:39:53 UTC
Post by dejablues
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
I'd have to agree on Jewel being Al's sister.
I really can't see that. It really wouldn't make sense in the story
line. If anything, he hired her because he's sympathetic because of
his brother's ailments. When Al left Chicago he was running from a
murder charge. I doubt adult Al would even know where his siblings, if
there are any others that he knows of, are. Al and his brother are
probably like the Miam's of "A Prayer for the Dying", except I believe
that those bastards were simply the sons of a cleaning woman and not a
whore.

Jeff George

Would you like to see the Dope on the end of a rope?
Do you think he's a Chimp?

dejablues
2004-06-09 02:58:29 UTC
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up?
Would you waste a whore on sweeping up when she could make more money for
you by fucking?

Jumping Jack Flash
FWIW, she was Blair's cousin Jerry on Facts of Life.
The Lone Comedian of the Apocalypse
2004-06-09 12:51:19 UTC
Post by Jumping Jack Flash
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows.
FWIW, she was Blair's cousin Jerry on Facts of Life.
The big MST3K thing to say when she comes on screen is "wHeRe iS MrS.
gArReTt??"
Holden
2004-06-09 14:01:46 UTC
Post by Oliver Clothsoff
I keep wondering why Al puts up with her. Why doesn't he have one of
his hirelings or whores to sweep up? He seems to be pissed at her, but
not enough to get rid of her. Of course, he wouldn't want any
cocksuckers to know he has a gimp for a sister, so noone knows
Al seems to surround himself with weak people or people who are easily
controlled. Jewel probably works for cheap and is grateful to Al for letting
her have a job at all.