Carm's hair and the cold weather
Jimmy Two Times
2004-05-24 04:00:11 UTC
It looked to me like there was a pretty big gap in shooting tonight's
scenes and some of the previous episodes. Carm's hair is noticeably
longer, the weather looks much colder and something looks different
about Chrissy (besides being smacked out).

So was this delay due to Gandolfini holding up production while he
cried about his contract last year (not sure how long that lasted)?
Or did they go back and reshoot some scenes later for some other
reason?

I seriously doubt they went back and reshot Ade getting whacked
becasue she is on the Joey sitcom. But who knows.

Thoughts?
KimStar
2004-05-24 04:21:03 UTC
Post by Jimmy Two Times
It looked to me like there was a pretty big gap in shooting tonight's
scenes and some of the previous episodes. Carm's hair is noticeably
longer, the weather looks much colder and something looks different
about Chrissy (besides being smacked out).
I noticed that too! Definitely, they seemed to jump over the rest of summer
and move well into fall. Notice the attention paid to showing fall
imagery...the woods, falling leaves, thick carpet of fallen leaves on the
ground, jackets.
Post by Jimmy Two Times
So was this delay due to Gandolfini holding up production while he
cried about his contract last year (not sure how long that lasted)?
Or did they go back and reshoot some scenes later for some other
reason?
Now wait...I'm pretty certain the delay caused by Gandolfini was before
filming began in March of last year. No, I think it was intended to be a FF
in time by a month or 2. But that doesn't quite make sense w/ Tony B.
whacking Billy by mistake in the last ep. and everyone talking about him
having gone into hiding. But the Sopranos have done this a lot w/
timeframes. It doesn't always line up just right.
Post by Jimmy Two Times
I seriously doubt they went back and reshot Ade getting whacked
becasue she is on the Joey sitcom. But who knows.
Naaaahhh!! The whole season was totally written before they began filming
last year. I'm sure it was clinched that Drea would go well before that
segment was made. They just didn't get around to it until autumn, obviously.

KimStar
(drop NOSPAM to email)
Anthony Soprano
2004-05-24 06:31:39 UTC
Post by KimStar
Post by Jimmy Two Times
It looked to me like there was a pretty big gap in shooting tonight's
scenes and some of the previous episodes. Carm's hair is noticeably
longer, the weather looks much colder and something looks different
about Chrissy (besides being smacked out).
I noticed that too! Definitely, they seemed to jump over the rest of summer
and move well into fall. Notice the attention paid to showing fall
imagery...the woods, falling leaves, thick carpet of fallen leaves on the
ground, jackets.
So if it's fall then why was AJ still at home? I guess he didn't make
it into AZ State. He would've had to be there the last week of August
probably and, even in Jersey, the leaves aren't falling off the trees in
August.

It does seem like an awful long time has passed in the last few eps. In
the Vito-Finn episode they were lounging around fanning themselves at
the job site. Since then, the trip upstate to Uncle Patsy's farm was
also in summer. And just last week Tony was looking out over Central
Park from his suite at the Plaza and the trees all had leaves on them.
When he called Carm and asked if it was getting light there yet it was
5:30 AM and the sun doesn't come up at 5:30 AM when the leaves are falling.

Consistency with what time of year it is when things happen on the
Sopranos is non-existent.
ArielSharonGal
2004-05-24 08:13:11 UTC
Post by Anthony Soprano
Post by KimStar
Post by Jimmy Two Times
It looked to me like there was a pretty big gap in shooting tonight's
scenes and some of the previous episodes. Carm's hair is noticeably
longer, the weather looks much colder and something looks different
about Chrissy (besides being smacked out).
I noticed that too! Definitely, they seemed to jump over the rest of summer
and move well into fall. Notice the attention paid to showing fall
imagery...the woods, falling leaves, thick carpet of fallen leaves on the
ground, jackets.
So if it's fall then why was AJ still at home? I guess he didn't make
it into AZ State. He would've had to be there the last week of August
probably and, even in Jersey, the leaves aren't falling off the trees in
August.
Remember when Carmella ran into Wegler in the High School? She said "AJ's a
senior here now." So he's still in high school. This also indicates that they
had already moved the show into fall or late summer, when many schools start
the year.
Since the Soprano's season is only 13 episodes, which run one week right after
another (except for next week) in a way it would make sense that they might
want to make leaps in time to reflect the passing of months and seasons to
counter balance the concentrated time frame that program is actually runs in.
Michael
2004-05-24 13:06:11 UTC
Post by Jimmy Two Times
It looked to me like there was a pretty big gap in shooting tonight's
scenes and some of the previous episodes. Carm's hair is noticeably
longer, the weather looks much colder and something looks different
about Chrissy (besides being smacked out).
As far as the weather goes, it was fall in the episode two week ago
where Tony get's Janice all worked up at dinner. As he's walking down
the street after leaving the dinner, you can see the leaves are coming
off the trees and piling up on the sidewalk and yards.

~Michael
Dan Santoro
2004-05-24 15:04:58 UTC
If you noticew whjen Ade is w/Silvio in the car the backgrounds change
while the conversations stay the same......I know that the landscape
would be changing but it's kind of abrupt......