Rare and Medium Rare Burgers at Restaurants
**Bigstick**
2011-08-07 03:09:42 UTC
Tip of the Day!

When dining out ...
Ask them if they will prepare your burger "rare" or "medium rare".
Personally, I love my burgers Medium Rare juicy and bloody.

But even if you prefer your burger served up like a hockey puck (Medium Well
/ Well), you should still ask them if they will
prepare a burger as bloody as hell.

More than likely, most chain restaurants will say NO WAY!!!
Medium Well / Well Done Crispy are usually your only options.

Which of course is bullshit.
The ONLY reason why a restaurant will not serve you a bloody burger is
because:

#1 : THEIR GROUND BEEF IS POSSIBLY CONTAMINATED WITH E-COLI!
So ... they have to cook the shit out of it to kill the possible E-Coli
contamination.

This is the only REASON why a burger needs to be nuked and burnt!
I don't care what bullshit answer 'they' give you, they are cooking the shit
out of it to eliminate any contamination in their possibly compromised meat.

On the other hand, RESTAURANTS that CONFIDENTLY say "YES" to Rare and Medium
Rare requests, more than likely have a wholesome product.
They probably control the meat that they serve to you.
From the raising of the cattle, slaughter and butchering process.

Seriously ... call around and ask them before you make your dine-out
decisions.

So far I have found only two big chains that will serve their burgers 'Rare'
or 'Medium Rare', if you request it that way:

1. IN-N-OUT-BURGER
2. Outback Steakhouse

IN-N-OUT runs their own meat processing plant.
They buy the cattle from local farmers, slaughter and butcher the animal to
their specifications.

Outback Steakhouse does the same thing, except they grind their hamburger
meat fresh at each restaurant.

Restaurant chains that refuse to cook a burger under Medium Well:

1. Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks
2. Five Guys
3. Chilis
4. McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr. etc.

When I called Islands and asked them why they refuse to serve a Rare Burger
... they said it was a CA state law to cook all burgers to at least 165
degrees.

I'm still researching this, and have yet to find out if this is true or not.

**BIGstick**

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
asked Him to forgive me.
Dick Hertz
2011-08-10 02:21:12 UTC
Bigstick's Rants:

--Politics
--Religion
--The Media
--Business
--Sports
--Restaurants Who Won't Cook My Burger The Way I Like It

Dude, get a grip.
**Bigstick**
2011-08-10 04:16:36 UTC
Post by Dick Hertz
--Politics
--Religion
--The Media
--Business
--Sports
--Restaurants Who Won't Cook My Burger The Way I Like It
Dick Hurtz rant:

--Bigstick

Dude, get over me.

**BIGstick**

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
asked Him to forgive me.
"Dick Hertz" wrote in message news:j1spu1$24p$***@speranza.aioe.org...

Dude, get a grip.