Deadwood is a horrible show
jombithedjinn
2006-05-24 20:05:07 UTC
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Mottola The Degenerate
2006-05-24 20:11:48 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Deadwood is a riveting, well acted and honest show. That's really the
way people talked in the old west you fuckin' cocksucker!
Don't Mess With Texas
2006-05-24 20:38:33 UTC
Hahahahaha. Cute, you bastard.

LPC
------------------------

r***@hotmail.com
2006-05-24 20:57:10 UTC
I agree, Deadwood sucks. I like westerns and was looking forward to
Deadwood coming from HBO after the winning Sopranos show.
I tried to get into it but the swearing sounded so out of place and
over-done that I had to quit watching.
Too bad, it could have been an interesting show.
unknown
2006-05-24 21:37:04 UTC
Post by r***@hotmail.com
I agree, Deadwood sucks. I like westerns and was looking forward to
Deadwood coming from HBO after the winning Sopranos show.
I tried to get into it but the swearing sounded so out of place and
over-done that I had to quit watching.
Too bad, it could have been an interesting show.
It *is* an interesting show. You just have to get past the swearing. Some
can. others can't.
Thumper
2006-05-24 23:22:43 UTC
On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:37:04 -0600, "UncleDave"
Post by unknown
Post by r***@hotmail.com
I agree, Deadwood sucks. I like westerns and was looking forward to
Deadwood coming from HBO after the winning Sopranos show.
I tried to get into it but the swearing sounded so out of place and
over-done that I had to quit watching.
Too bad, it could have been an interesting show.
It *is* an interesting show. You just have to get past the swearing. Some
can. others can't.
You have to be one tight assed mother to let swearing bother you. Did
you grow up in a convent or seminary?
Thumper
Stu Gotz
They're all hoople-headed cocksuckers...
Brian (aka Zod)
2006-05-25 02:20:27 UTC
Post by r***@hotmail.com
I agree, Deadwood sucks. I like westerns and was looking forward to
Deadwood coming from HBO after the winning Sopranos show.
I tried to get into it but the swearing sounded so out of place and
over-done that I had to quit watching.
Too bad, it could have been an interesting show.
its kinda funny, cause we often talk like that at my work. Fucking
cocksuckers!.. haha

I'm sure they used different swear words back then.. but watching the
old school westerns, where there wasn't any swearing... I didn't
understand how they couldn't use colorful language back then.

- Brian
Dano
2006-05-27 16:07:10 UTC
Post by r***@hotmail.com
I agree, Deadwood sucks. I like westerns and was looking forward to
Deadwood coming from HBO after the winning Sopranos show.
I tried to get into it but the swearing sounded so out of place and
over-done that I had to quit watching.
Too bad, it could have been an interesting show.
Yet you start your post with Deadwood sucks...an epithet that in my day
(no...I'm not THAT old) was considered a forbidden word. Standards change.
The whole point of the show is how there WERE no standards...or laws...and
precious little civilized behavior in general. That and how those things
are needed and the gradual realization that those things are
needed...Ironically Swearingen is a prime mover in that direction...he wants
a Sheriff...a Mayor...some limits. Of course he also wants to try to use
those to his advantage. No saint, that one, but he is somewhat wise...in a
cynical way.
unknown
"Gangs of New York" did it better.
Sparky Spartacus
2006-06-04 23:26:59 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Dano
Post by r***@hotmail.com
[...]
The only thing GONY did better was suck moosecock.

YMMV, of course.
Thumper
2006-05-28 16:28:10 UTC
Post by Dano
Post by r***@hotmail.com
[...]
He wants a sheriff as long as he owns him.
Thumper
Irish Kike
2006-05-24 21:00:35 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
I agree. Everyone told me it is fabulous. So I watched a few episodes. It
bored me. And I like westerns. And I like the word "cocksucker". But
Deadwood just plain sucks. :-(
Irish Mike
2006-05-25 01:29:14 UTC
I've been to Deadwood and played poker there. I also like the "Deadwood"
HBO series, have watched every episode and intend to watch every future
episode.
If you don't like the show, my suggestion is don't watch it.

Irish Mike
Deadwood just plain sucks. :-(
Dano
2006-05-24 21:02:55 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
What...you think the words fuck and cocksucker were invented
recently...stupid fuck.

How would you have the first idea how people talked back then? What are you
150 years old and experienced the Gold Rush?

Beyond that...who gives a shit what you care, you cross-posting, inbred,
self righteous hooplehead cocksucker?

What's your idea of fine entertainment Wrestlemania 37? Poker.com? Genus!
Angie
2006-05-24 22:15:24 UTC
and why is this topic being posted in:

rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.sopranos,rec.gambling.poker,
and alt.fan.howard-stern

???
unknown
2006-05-26 03:05:54 UTC
I guess because nobody trims headers. I will from now on. :-)
Dano
2006-05-27 15:58:08 UTC
Ask the dick who started the thread, not me...
Irish Mike
2006-05-27 17:02:46 UTC
and why is this topic being posted in RGP"

Because every now and then, just for a change of pace, we like to read
something besides spam.

Irish Mike
Thumper
2006-05-24 23:23:45 UTC
Post by Dano
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
What...you think the words fuck and cocksucker were invented
recently...stupid fuck.
How would you have the first idea how people talked back then? What are you
150 years old and experienced the Gold Rush?
He learned how they spoke back then from watching Gene Autry on tv.
Thumper
tom jones
2006-05-26 08:35:47 UTC
"Necron99" <***@gmail.com> wrote in ...
| What is a hooplehead?

Does anyone know what "hooplehead" means with any f**king certitude?

Near's I can figure, a hooplehead is an ignorant, backwoods, dim-witted, slow-thinking, muddle-headed, addle-brained,
limp-d**k, dumb-ass c**ksucker.

But we use the term with great affection around here.
tomcervo
2006-05-26 12:54:35 UTC
"Does anyone know what "hooplehead" means with any f**king certitude? "

Does anyone remember "Major Hoople"? The boarding house comic that
featured a spectacularly pompous idiot of the title, invariably brought
down and whose constant expression was "Fap!"
Peter Jason is his exact double, right down to the hat.
Sparky Spartacus
Sure do! See my recent post.
r***@yahoo.com
I thought his favorite expression was "harrumph...egad!"
Sparky Spartacus
2006-05-26 16:04:47 UTC
Post by tom jones
| What is a hooplehead?
Does anyone know what "hooplehead" means with any f**king certitude?
Near's I can figure, a hooplehead is an ignorant, backwoods, dim-witted, slow-thinking, muddle-headed, addle-brained,
limp-d**k, dumb-ass c**ksucker.
But we use the term with great affection around here.
Did you Google it? Years ago there was a cartoon character named "Major
Hoople" for openers.
grinder
2006-05-24 21:07:24 UTC
Just quit bitching.
Big Al Tomatoes
2006-05-24 21:17:31 UTC
Post by grinder
Just quit bitching.
Bitching is what makes this group the thing of beauty that it is.
Afterall, this group exists because of a show about people from northern
New Jersey. I lived there. I know. THEY BITCH. A LOT. It's considered
courtesy there.

So lay off you cross-posting fawk.

NOW GO GET YOUR FAWKIN' SHINE BOX!!!
Robibnikoff
2006-05-25 13:26:07 UTC
Post by Big Al Tomatoes
Post by grinder
Just quit bitching.
Bitching is what makes this group the thing of beauty that it is.
Afterall, this group exists because of a show about people from northern
New Jersey. I lived there. I know. THEY BITCH. A LOT. It's considered
courtesy there.
LOL! Sadly, you're right. It's our bread and butta ;)

Robyn
Zeb Quinn
2006-05-24 22:18:37 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Deadwood jumped the shark when they timed it so that Wild Bill got
killed after a mere 3-1/2 episodes. This series needed more of Keith
Carradine
Mark Nobles
2006-05-24 22:41:18 UTC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Deadwood jumped the shark when they timed it so that Wild Bill got
killed after a mere 3-1/2 episodes. This series needed more of Keith
Carradine
Wild Bill was only in Deadwood for three weeks before he got killed.
The only way to have more of him would have been to use the gimmick
from 24 of compressing all the action into a ridiculously short time.
That would not have allowed the characters to grow and develop as they
have.
Zeb Quinn
2006-05-24 23:47:47 UTC
Post by Mark Nobles
Wild Bill was only in Deadwood for three weeks before he got killed.
The only way to have more of him would have been to use the gimmick
from 24 of compressing all the action into a ridiculously short time.
That would not have allowed the characters to grow and develop as they
have.
So the little historical factoid of Wild Bill being in Deadwood for 3
weeks is the only history that the series is faithful to, and yet
that's the one little piece of history that if they'd distorted it
could have saved the show. That's rich. Somehow I think that they
could only get Carradine for 4 episodes, and that had something to do
with it.
Dano
2006-05-27 16:34:55 UTC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by Mark Nobles
Wild Bill was only in Deadwood for three weeks before he got killed.
The only way to have more of him would have been to use the gimmick
from 24 of compressing all the action into a ridiculously short time.
That would not have allowed the characters to grow and develop as they
have.
So the little historical factoid of Wild Bill being in Deadwood for 3
weeks is the only history that the series is faithful to, and yet
that's the one little piece of history that if they'd distorted it
could have saved the show. That's rich. Somehow I think that they
could only get Carradine for 4 episodes, and that had something to do
with it.
It's not the History Channel, but it does contain a lot of factual material
and characters based on real people. You can look it up if you like.
Swearingen was a real person, as were most of the other characters. Their
stories have been fictionalized and dramatized, Milch has been quite clear
about that. But IMO, his rendition of this period in our history has been
far more realistic than about 95% of other fictional reproductions on
television or film.

The one thing I'll agree with was Carradine probably didn't wish to commit
to a long term. That's why his portrayal was perfect. Nice symmetry to his
career...he started out in film as a young cowboy in another gritty,
realistic western, McCabe and Mrs. Miller, that had a lot of similarities to
Deadwood (minus the real historical figures). In that he comes to a tragic,
early demise also, but as an excited optimistic kid instead of a tired,
forlorn, relic of an age coming to a close. I was also terribly
disappointed and saddened when that character was killed in a cowardly
fashion as well. That was the point then as well. It's refreshing when a
portrayal of death in a western (or any other fiction) is sad rather than
exciting.
Sparky Spartacus
2006-05-24 22:42:58 UTC
jombithedjinn wrote:

<snip>

x-posting twatwaffle!
unknown
I smell troll poontang.
ckbe
2006-05-26 00:55:10 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from
the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past.
Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a
poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The
poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its
title, "Flen flyys," from the first words of its opening line, "Flen, flyys,
and freris," that is, "fleas, flies, and friars." The line that contains
fuck reads "Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk." The Latin words
"Non sunt in coeli, quia," mean "they [the friars] are not in heaven,
since." The code "gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk" is easily broken by simply
substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind
differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then
used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w.
This yields "fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli." The whole thus
reads in translation: "They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely
[a town near Cambridge]."
Sparky Spartacus
Sounds like an outtake from "Carmine burana". ;)
curmudgeon
2006-05-29 03:27:10 UTC
"jombithedjinn" <***@excite.com> wrote in message news:***@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."

It is a historically proven fact that George Washington was a Blasphemer.
As well as having a very short and volatile temper.
Plus he was a known womanizer in his youth.
Yet he hated to be touched by any one.
Now there is a TV show for the masses.
Sparky Spartacus
A "womanizer", yet he hated to be touched by anyone, hm?
blnder
2006-06-05 01:02:30 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Completely accurate assessment of that trainwreck-of-a-show.

A bad western with "swear words", is all that is.

But people think it's hip, because it's HBO-- where you can say "fuck".

Sex & the City? Same thing. People were afraid to say they don't
watch the show because they didn't want to branded as a "prude".

But a horrible show is a horrible show-- no matter how you dress it
down.

There was nothing original about that show. Same tired sex situations
and jokes, predictable dialogue and a bunch of desperate, ugly women
(inside and out) whom you don't even want to KNOW they're having sex,
for fear your dinner will come up.
P.K.
Sparky Spartacus
And a prude is an uptight asshole.
Spleeph
2006-06-09 00:08:12 UTC
Post by jombithedjinn
That's right, I said it. It's a horrible show. It's like the creators
said "hmm, how could we figure a way to take convoluted, flowery,
tonguetwisting, two-bit Shakespearre-wannabe dialogue that's completely
unrealistic and that doesn't reflect the way anyone ever talked in real
life, and cram as much into an hour as possible? Oh, and we'll throw in
the word "fuck" alot because we want to be edgy."
Fucking philistine! Go back to watching reruns of Little House on the
Prairie, cocksucker.