What's good for the "Terrorists" ... is good for us!
**Bigstick**
2011-12-31 08:01:50 UTC
The National Defense Authorization Act, America!!

This is your Government ... enjoy!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05/the-national-defense-authorization-act-is-the-greatest-threat-to-civil-liberties-americans-face/

**BIGstick**

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
asked Him to forgive me.
John Doherty
2012-01-01 14:08:45 UTC
Post by **Bigstick**
The National Defense Authorization Act, America!!
This is your Government ... enjoy!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05/the-national-defense-...
**BIGstick**
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
asked Him to forgive me.
Although I like Obama a lot more than the poisoned Fox News right wing
critique, and I think Ron Paul is a dangerous crank with racist
sympathies who would set America back to the stone age, even a stopped
clock is right twice a day.

This authorization of the President being able to imprison anyone for
anything for any length of time is horribly wrong, and this polished
turd still stinks.

There is a lot more official enthusiasm on the right for this sort of
power, even though the left (if you think Obama is left, that is) has
caved in a craven fashion on it, despite the feeling of the base.

So, yeah, I agree with Bigstick, on this one.
Dick Hertz
2012-01-04 06:02:32 UTC
Post by **Bigstick**
The National Defense Authorization Act, America!!
This is your Government ... enjoy!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05/the-national-defense-authorization-act-is-the-greatest-threat-to-civil-liberties-americans-face/
**BIGstick**
In regards to the link above, I'm curious as to how the govt. can ignore the
6th amendment and hold someone indefinitely without filing charges. Then
again, they already basically did it to Jose Padilla.

Not that I would feel better if he was walking the streets of my city. But
the govt kept moving the goal posts when it came to charging him with a
crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Padilla_%28prisoner%29